Re: (ASCEND) CRCs increasing rapidly

> > 1.  Test the circuit, say "we didn't do anything" and the CRCs
> > mysteriously stop.
>
> We've seen this too.  Good to see SWBell is the same no matter which part
> of their territory you're in.  Do you guys get unmetered ISDN service up
> there too?

Unmetered but still a rip-off.  ISDN for $86.59 a month versus a cable
modem (in Lawrence right now is the only place you can really get one) for
less than that is IMO a bend-over situation.  SWB will keep charging a lot
for ISDN until no one wants it anymore.

> > 2.  Test the circuit, say "we found a dead rat in the switch" (or
> > whatever), then replace some equipment and the CRCs stop.
>
> We never get this answer, though we do suspect it when we get the "we
> didn't find anything wrong, but it seems to be working great now" answer.
> I did once have a guy tell me that either a rat or a bullet had caused our
> fiber run to go down.

I always ask exactly what the problem was since we have to deal with them
enough that we like to keep track of things.  They will tell you if you
ask nicely.  If something happens a lot and they won't tell you why,
that's when you escallate the issue.

Back to the subject at hand, though, if it's a problem that just recently
surfaced it's probably either CPE or telco related as opposed to
configuration-related (assuming no one's changed anything).  I rarely see
CRCs and have it not be Bell's fault unless there's a bad NT-1 or
something else wrong with the unit itself.