Re: (ASCEND) Radius Servers (fwd)

> That's up to the NAS.  PortMaster's don't, Cisco's don't, etc.
> They retry the primary a couple of times before trying the secondary.
> AND, they retry the primary every time - they don't stay fixed on
> the secondary once they use it.  I always thought that was a poor
> design choice on the MAX.

I respectfully disagree.  It is much more inefficient to have a NAS
retry the primary RADIUS server each time authentication is requested,
particularly if they retry it over and over again before jumping to the
second one.  Ascend's solution with reset timer seems much better to me.
Also, since it is trivial to once in a while reset automatically
(crontab) all your MAXes to their primary RADIUS servers through SNMP,
you have two solutions.

t.