Re: (ASCEND) Radius Servers (fwd)

> I respectfully disagree.  It is much more inefficient to have a NAS
> retry the primary RADIUS server each time authentication is requested,
> particularly if they retry it over and over again before jumping to the
> second one.  Ascend's solution with reset timer seems much better to me.
> Also, since it is trivial to once in a while reset automatically
> (crontab) all your MAXes to their primary RADIUS servers through SNMP,
> you have two solutions.

 This was not always ascends solution, They always use to wait on a
dropped request to move on to the next radius server. In fact I tried hard
as hell to get this implemented over a year ago, (I guess UUNET made the
feature request) :)

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations / Network Access
Erols Internet (An RCN Company)