RE: (ASCEND) MAX6000's - Can they handle 4 PRI's ?

On 01-Dec-98, Wes Parker wrote:
>We have 72 modems, all running analog on the 4004.

>> >We are looking at replacing one of our MAX 4004's which is
>> straining under
>> >the load of 3 PRI.  Our users having been complaining of lackluster
>> >performance ever since we added the 3rd PRI.

>>    How many modems does this Max have?  Is it taking Analog, or
>>  ISDN connections, or both?
>>    We have Max 4000 units that bog down with 4 PRIs, and others
>>  that do fine.

   Okay.  With that many modems I would expect a slowdown.  We
 haven't tried more than 48 modems per Max.  We tried a TNT,
 but have decided to stick with the 4004 series for now.  We
 will be leasing a 6000 sometime next year and see how it does.
   In order to utilize the 4004, we mix analog and ISDN calls.
 That way we don't see a slowdown until we add a 4th PRI.
   One of the ways we increased performance on our Max4000 series
 was to remove all static routing, and use OSPF.  That seemed to
 lighten the routing load and speed things up a bit.

--
          Lars Nelson             Amiga 4000/040 @40Mhz 32MB RAM
    Technical Support Manager     Macintosh 7.6 in Amiga Window