(ASCEND) Ascend MAX4030 speaking with PM3

Hi All :)

I've got a problem here with a client of ours, that has me stumped.

The client is trying to connect their Ascend 4030 (version 6.1.7) to our
PM3 (ComOS 3.8) using PAP auth (we have also tried CHAP).

What we are finding is that the Ascend is trying to authenticate with the
username 'matrix' which is the hostname of their router. If they specify a
username in the send_user (??) field, we don't see any authentication
requests.

The odd thing is, the exact configuration works perfectly with their
Ascend 1800 (running 6.1.7 as well) speaking to the same PM3.

Dialup is over a single 64k ISDN channel (PRI).

Anyone know if there are any issues with an Ascend 4030/pm3 ppp/pap/chap?

Or perhaps something I can do on my pm3 to debug this problem, or they can
do on their ascend to debug it.

I admit, I have never used an Ascend router, so am unable to offer any
assistance to our client.

-----
Roger Yerramsetti      :   ,-------.                               :
rogery@wantree.com.au  :  :  /   / | a n t r e e  I n t e r n e t  :