Re: (ASCEND) MAX misreporting connection speed?????

George wrote:
]
]Users are connecting with 56K modems, their Windows 95 clients would say
]to them - yeah, you are connected at 56000 or 40000, or any other values
]above the 33600 mark (depending on the user line quality and all the
]other factors involved). Meanwhile, the MAX tells me that these users -
]now on line - are connected at 28800. This has been tested preety well
]and is always the case.

This is just a theory, but I believe the Max is reporting the upstream
(v.34) connection speed.  (don't forget that K56 is asymmetrical).

There is a new radius accounting attribute being supported in the
incremental releases, called "Ascend-Xmit-Rate", and I think that
will report the number you're looking for.

Like I said, these are just "theories", anyone who knows better please
correct me.