Re: (ASCEND) user online with several Max40xx

> > I am sure this has been asked before. If I am using one RADIUS (the
> > one from Ascend) server for several Maxens. How can I avoid client from
> > multiple login to those Maxens ?
>
> Such a thing would require some way to have the radius server(s) track
> who's on, and only allowing people to log in if they aren't already.

True.

> So hack radiusd to poll all your maxen to see if the user is already on.
> (whoah, that could take a while :)

That depends on which Ascend RADIUS server he is using.  The commercial
one (Access Control) has it already.  He could also use any of a number
of other commercial RADIUS servers to get the feature.

  Can RadiusNT be used to limit the number of concurrent logins by a user?

  Yes. In ODBC mode, RadiusNT uses concurrency control to limit the number
  of login sessions a user can have at any given time.

<http://www.emerald.iea.com/radiusnt/faqs.html>

  MacRADIUS Authentication Server v1.1 is now available. It includes
  substantial new features, including an option to limit user accounts to
  one session at a time, support for passwords longer than 16 characters,
  support of Proxy-State, and several new Apple events to allow remote
  creation, deletion, renaming, and group assignment of user accounts.

<http://www.cyno.com/>