Re: (ASCEND) Radius Attribute/Profile

> Is there a RADIUS attribute to limit login times for a particular user?
>
> For example, I could create a student profile... which would only allow
> logins.... for that particular user... from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.?

There is no RADIUS standard (RFC 2138) attribute for this functionality
because it really is not information needed to configure an interface on
a NAS.  This capability must typically be supported in the RADIUS server,
not the NAS.

Check the documentation for your RADIUS server.  Some have this ability,
some don't.  For instance, the free Ascend RADIUS source does not have
this feature.  But a number of the commercial RADIUS servers do.

For example:

  Time-of-day access restrictions.

<http://www.cryptocard.com/cryptoserver.html>

You can also search the Ascend-Users archives for some other proposals
on how to do this (changing user files, etc).  You can find a searchable
version of the mailing list archives at http://www.nexial.nl/cgi-bin/ascend