(ASCEND) Disconnect code 11

I'm having a very serious problem with disconnects on my Max 4048.
It's brand new (the first one we've had), and I've patched it to
5.0Ap42 on Ascend tech supports recommendation. I haven't yet put the
machine into production as my users would probably kill me for all
the disconnects.

The majority of the time that we have disconnects (unwanted
disconnects of course), the Disconnect-Cause is 11 (the modem
detected DCD, but became inactive). There have been a handful of code
185 as well, but maybe 10%, so I'm not so concerned.

Basically, I have about 10 testers using the system right now, with a
variety of K56 and 33.6 modems, and we all seem to be having about
the same experience. About 35% of our sessions are cut off, which is
far to high even for analog modems, and until I can find a solution,
I can't see how I can open up the new lines to our customers. I found
quite a few references to this exact problem from this list on the
Nexial search engine, but I couldn't find any answers, and Ascend
tech support seemed unfamiliar with the problem.

At any rate, any suggestions as to what the problem might be (whether
I've screwed up my setup, my PRI's are at fault, or whatever), I
would really appreciate hearing. We have 3 brand new 4048's, and I'd
hate to think this is how they'll perform - in fact, I'm sure it
isn't, or none of you would be using them.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Barry

Barry Hemphill                EasyNet Inc.
System Administrator          Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
ubu@easynet.on.ca             (519)654-9999 fax(519)654-0301

"The universe is a pretty big place. It's bigger than anything
anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it's just us, it
seems like an awful waste of space."
	Ellie Arroway, Contact