Re: (ASCEND) Radius (fwd)

At 09:33 PM 6/30/98 -0500, Tim Jung wrote:
>Really? I have the Radius Workgroup stuff here and I don't see the
>Ascend-Data-Filter and the
>Ascend-Call-Filter listed as RFC compliant. I also don't see
Ascend-Idle-Time,
>and slew of other Ascend-* attributes listed in the RFCs. In fact on the web
>page give I see no reference to any RFC's that your saying your compatible
with
>currently. I checked the RFC-2058, RFC-2059, and RFC-2138 and not one of them
>even had the word Ascend in them. If there is an RFC that I'm missing that
>covers the Ascend-* attributes please let me know what it is so I can
reference
>it please.

AAC supports the RFC attributes *AND* the Ascend ones - for backward
compatibility
reasons. Any RFC-compliant NAS can use AAC therefore. *That* was my point.

>So once again we ask for a 100% RFC compliant version without any non-RFC
>compliant stuff so that we can run one or two RADIUS servers for all our
>equipment, please and thank you for your time.

You can now, you don't *have to* use the attributes just because they are
supported.

Kevin Smith			Ascend Communications...
Customer Satisfaction	...where Network Solutions never end.