Re: (ASCEND) What V.90 works for 4048?

Nick Voth wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is my first time on this list. I am a long time user of Ascend's
> router equipment and have just ordered my first 4048 to add to our existing
> dial-up. Having read all of the complaints about the latest code, my
> question is: Is there a software version that seems more stable than others
> for V.90?
>
> I don't have the unit yet so I don't know what comes loaded on it. Like
> everyone, I have a lot of users begging me for 56K and would like to know
> what the path of least resistance is.
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> -Nick Voth

Well, I finally put 6.1.3 on one of our PoPs to test, and I see no
problems yet (16 hours). We're running static routes and no nonsense-
just 3 CT1's into a 72 modem box. We have no MPP dailups on that PoP.

If you're running a similar situation, go for it.

We're showing SEVERAL 49K connects right now and users are emailing us
asking what the hell we did.

'Shot

--
Darkshot (Michael B. Garrett)