(ASCEND) 2 problem

Hi there!

I have 2 problem which is messing with by brain. I'm having
max4000 running 5.0ap36 eik.m40 56k modem.

1st problem
===========

- User have problem connecting when using a phone line going through a
PABX system. The modem just stay at the handshaking stage and never
established the connection.
No problem using the same modem when using a direct line

2nd problem

- User have problem connecting using Ericsson cellular modem card model
  Dac 23.
  I'm not sure at which stage it failed as i can't hear any sound from the
  modem. Any recommended init string ?

Cheers!

Sajari Bin Sarkan
Network Support