Re: (ASCEND) P75 - P75 connection problems

At 10:58 1998/05/01 -0500, Joey Lamb wrote:
>I am having problems connecting to P75s together.  When dialing each
>other, I get a Cause Code 47, and the call is imediately terminated.
>Link status is D, and there are no CRC errors.

>I called Ascend Tech Support, and we tested a few things, and the person
>I spoke with said that Cause Code 47 was a message coming from the
>switch.

>What should I try next?

can you make a voice call from a handset on one unit to
a handset on the other?

is it a local call? in some areas you have to dial 10 digits
for local data that goes to a different central office.

long distance? many IXC require you to setup an account for LD data.

have you tried 56k? 64k? any difference between the two?

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D