From: Joey Lamb [mailto:JLamb@readiloan.com]
Sent: Friday, May 01, 1998 10:59 AM
To: 'ascend-users@bungi.com'
Subject: (ASCEND) P75 - P75 connection problems

I am having problems connecting to P75s together.  When dialing each
other, I get a Cause Code 47, and the call is imediately terminated.
Link status is D, and there are no CRC errors.

>From TermServ, I do a "test 7354277" (Num B) and I receive:
calling...answering...testing....end
100 packets sent, 100 packets received

I called Ascend Tech Support, and we tested a few things, and the person
I spoke with said that Cause Code 47 was a message coming from the
switch.

I then called Sprint (the lec), and they tested the line, and said that
it showed good.

So I have two companies, and no where to turn.

Typically I have the P75s dial into my Max 2000, but the P75 <-> P75
connection I am setting up is in a different state.  So I have one P75
in the remote office (the office LAN is connected to me via a T1 and two
cisco routers), and the other P75 is at the managers house.

What should I try next?