Re: (ASCEND) M2K compliance testing

At 12:08 1998/05/29 +0100, Misell,DS,NCL71P,MISELLDS M wrote:
>What tests are people doing on their Pipelines/ Maxes, I have a
>requirement to test this kit or it get withdrawn!
>does anyone have any test suggestions, apart form the RADIUS issues
>already mentioned!!

The pipelines have no real-time clock,
so there is no way they could be affected.

The Max units use an internal clock that measures
number of seconds since an epoch (probably 1 Jan 1970 or 1980)
so they should not be affected by the year 2000
as long as they recognise Feb 2000 as a leap year, and they do.
radius password expiration asside, (I have not tested this)
there should be no other problems with the hardware itself.

I tested using one of my spare M1800s under 6.0b4...

 Date=2/28/0
 Time=23:59:51

wait several seconds...

 Date=2/29/0
 Time=00:00:04

strangely though, moving my clock forward two years
doesn't seem to affect the uptime counters:

ascend% sh uptime
system uptime: up 33 days, 8 hours, 3 minutes, 22 seconds

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D