(ASCEND) Max stops processing ethernet

One of my Max-4048's (6.0.2) has stopped processing ethernet traffic
the past 2 nights. No telnet, no ping, in or out of the box. I was
actually onsite when this happened tonight and tried different things to
get it working without a reboot. Changing cables, forcing the ethernet
device to reset, etc, with no luck.
	The IP's and routing table looked fine...but there was one mysterious
thing happening. The box was still logging syslog messages to another
server.
	I ended up resetting the box and everything was back to normal. I also
downgraded the box to 5.0Ap48 in hopes the problem goes away. I don't
think it will as I have others running 6.0.2, with virtually the same
configuration, without a problem.

	Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. Maybe the ethernet
interface is flaking out. I do have a ticket open with Tech Support.
Just wondering how many days it's going to take for them to call me
back. Last time it was 3 days.

--
Tim Alibozek
Berkshire County Network