Re: (ASCEND) P50 fatal errors?

Follow-up:

I turned off NTP on a machine on the LAN, and the P50 stays up! Well, it
crashed when I tried to telnet to it, but that happens too sometimes.

The P50 is configured to NOT dial/maintain a call for UDP packets. Except
port 53 (so we can do a DNS lookup prior to connection). The idea is that
my local timeserver maintains sync as long as the session is up, and just
runs by itself otherwise.

I'm running tcpdump as well, and there are no icmp packets coming back
having anything to do with not being able to deliver the ntp packets. I've
noticed that UDP to an inactive port on my unix box results in a
destination unreachable packet.

Could the UDP packets that don't get sent out have something to do with
crashing? Is the P50 buffering these packets in hopes of sending them when
the interface goes up, and eventually, it tips over?

Do I have something set wrong?

Kevin