Re: (ASCEND) Max-4000 E1/T1

No, the base hardware is different at the pyysical interface level - you
purchase either a unit with E1 interfaces or T1 interfaces (with T1 you
also have the pleasure of deciding if the CSUs and DSUs are inboard or
outboard, considerations which do not apply to E1; you are correct in that
you must then load the corresponding E1 or T1 software).

Regards,
Neale.