RE: (ASCEND) I'm looking for MIB's in all the wrong places......

Each release directory has a MIBS sub-directory that contains the correct revision MIBs for that rev. Remember that the MIBs are constantly evolving  - in a nice backwards compatible way. There is no quick hit list of variables - they all serve a distinct purpose.

For your specific requests, there is no MIB variable that measures the memory pools or usage. For tracking frame connections, you can look at the circuit table in RFC1315, the frame relay MIB. It will send a trap when the DLCI drops. As for the channel usage look in the Advanced MIB (Requires 2.0/6.0) The WAN Line table lists details about each line. There is a variable for the nailed line usage.

One of the items that is lacking, and is currently being fixed, is the fact that it is not possible to determine via SNMP which DS0s are in a Nailed Group and what ifIndex it relates to.

Ken