(ASCEND) E1/HDLC-Problem on TNT

Hi Folks,

first of all, thanks to all who helped solving my PPP problem.
Actually, it was to the largest part a RADIUS Problem, but I learned
a lot from this anyway.

The machine has been running fine since mid december, but today
I saw a weird effect:

ASCEND: SAR: Failed internal loopback POST ( repeated 3 times)
ASCEND: post failed, type ( 14 ) - IGNORED

with ISDN (E1) users not being able to connect any more after this.
The HDLC-Card claimed 'Connection refused: No Ports available',
although there was little traffic at this time. The analog side
stayed alive, taking new connections without problems.

We actually had this once before, which was one reason for my
former problems. Rebooting the box fixed the problem both times.

To me, this looks like a bug in the HDLC code, perhaps due to
ports not being freed after usage.

Has anyone else seen this before?

Machine is a single-Shelf TNT SW 2.1.9
with the following Hardware

admin@asrz04>show
Shelf 1 ( standalone ):
    { shelf-1 slot-1 0 }       UP       8e1-card
    { shelf-1 slot-2 0 }       UP       4ether2-card
    { shelf-1 slot-3 0 }       UP       192hdlc2-card
    { shelf-1 slot-4 0 }       UP       48modem-56k-card
    { shelf-1 slot-5 }         OCCUPIED

Only 2 out of 8 E1 Lines are currently used,
also the 100Mitb Port is the only active ethernet
connection.

Thanks, Martin

--
  Martin Pauly
  Hochschulrechenzentrum               Phone: