(ASCEND) Windows CE ActiveSync over ISDN firewalled net

Has anyone had any experience using ActiveSync with a network card
through a firewall?

We have an internal firewall at my company, which separates ourP75s and
the P400t they connect to from the rest of the network at the router.
Using a network sniffer, I've seen that the ports in use by my HPC and
the Windows NT box I connect to range as follows:

HPC      NT
----     ----
 990 <-> 4685
 990 <-> 4686
1039 <-> 5679
1040 <->  999
1041 <-> 5678
1042 <-> 5678

I see some patterns here, but I was wondering if I could isolate this to
one or two of these conversational ports CE would default to if the
other ports were not open.  I thought WinCE to PC communication was
supposed to be some sort of PPP chat.

-Ernie