Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) TNT multishelf setups

You don't have to utilize multi-shelf boxes now to terminate a DS3's
worth of calls, They now have single height CSM3 modem cards which
allow you to terminate 672 DS0's in one single chassis TNT.

Also, along with the new modem cards they have digital hdlc drivers
on the modem card so you don't need an HDLC card. (Although I've heard
if you do have a high amount of ISDN traffic you may want to consider
putting in a separate HDLC card.)

Jason Nealis
RCN

On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 04:35:08PM -0400, Tim Seibert stated
> Hi,
> 	We're looking to combine several of our current hunt groups into one large
> group.  To do this, we'll need to set up 3 TNT's in a multichassis
> setup.  The hunt group will span 60 PRI's delivered over 3 DS3's.  I was
> reading through the online manual, and came up with a few questions/concerns.
> 	What is the maximum number of calls that can be set up with incoming lines
> on one chassis and modem cards on the others?  Does the controller give
> preference to the modems on box 2 if the call comes in on the ds3 on box
> 2?  If not, can this be easily configured through call-routing to be so?
> 	Will only one ethernet card be needed for the entire stack, or will they
> be required on each chassis?  I suspect it will only need one, but can't
> find any example configurations to confirm this.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim
> Tim Seibert ( seibertt@supernet.com )
> D&E SuperNet                http://www.supernet.com
> A OneMain.com Company       http://www.onemain.com
> "Your Hometown Internet"    1-87SUPERNET (1-877-873-7638)

Jason Nealis
Director of Internet Operations
RCN