Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) TNT multishelf setups

Hi,
         Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, I'm terminating 3 DS3's
worth of calls in one hunt group and need to be able to handle MP calls if
they come in across seperate boxes.

         In theory, you are not supposed to need the HDLC card if you are
using the CSM3 cards.  We found out through trial and error that there is a
bug, at least in the US code, that prevents the TNT from accepting DOV
calls.  You can set the number under the DNIS profile to be digital, but
the CSM3 card still passes the call to a modem instead of HDLC.  As of
right now, the HDLC card is required if you want to accept DOV, DOSBS, Toll
miser, or whatever you wish to call ISDN over voice service from the telco.

Tim

At 05:41 PM 9/30/1999 , Jason Nealis wrote:

>You don't have to utilize multi-shelf boxes now to terminate a DS3's
>worth of calls, They now have single height CSM3 modem cards which
>allow you to terminate 672 DS0's in one single chassis TNT.
>
>Also, along with the new modem cards they have digital hdlc drivers
>on the modem card so you don't need an HDLC card. (Although I've heard
>if you do have a high amount of ISDN traffic you may want to consider
>putting in a separate HDLC card.)
>
>Jason Nealis
>RCN

Tim Seibert ( seibertt@supernet.com )
D&E SuperNet                http://www.supernet.com
A OneMain.com Company       http://www.onemain.com
"Your Hometown Internet"    1-87SUPERNET (1-877-873-7638)