Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) DSLPipe: No session with Frame Relay

I have two DSLpipe-HS connecting via dry-copper from the local telco, and
the connection comes up fine at 1552000 (Only a few thousand feet away.)
But it will never start an active session if I use Frame-Relay
encapsulation.  I have used one of the cook-book examples from the manual,
but nothing seems to work with Encaps=FR.  I can use PPP, but it seems to
only give me about 56k throughput no matter what speed I use for the
SDSL Line Rate.  I only see a couple of CRC's with over 10 million
packets, so the line should be fine at that speed.   I am using software
version 7.0.25 on both sides.

Here is a snippet of my config:

Configure...
	Rate Mode=singlebaud
	SDSL Line Rate=1552000
	Unit Type=CPE
20-000 Ethernet
	20-100 Connections
		20-101 DSLBridge
			Active=Yes
			Encaps=FR
			Bridge=Yes
			Encaps options...
				FR Prof=DSLframe
				DLCI=16
	20-600 Frame Relay
		20-601 DSLframe
		Active=Yes
		FR Type=DTE

The COE side is the same except for:

	Unit Type=COE
and
	FR Type=DCE

First, what can I check to determine why the session will not start using
Frame-Relay?  Second, why would Encaps=PPP limit my speed to around 56k
(As reported by MRTG and FTP'ing large files accross the wan link)?  Last,
what is the advantage of using which method of Encaps?

Thanks for any input!

Justin England				jengland@enetis.net
Network Administrator
E-Net Information Services		http://www.enetis.net