Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Lucent 'support' in a tailspin

Sounds very familiar... tailspin is the perfect description. I just received a
response back from...
Lucent NetworkCare Professional Services <support@ascend.com>

>Thank you for using Lucent NetCare email support.  Unfortunately, we are
>unable to locate a current case from your e-mail, and your e-mail
>address was not located in our support database.

Now the thing here is I could not have submitted this request without logging
into the esight.com
website (using my e-mail address as my logon ID) - yet they say they my e-mail
address was not located.

I also received an e-mail reply giving me a case number - but -  more from
Lucent...

>If you are updating an existing support case, please re-submit your
>request with the Case Number in the subject line of your email, using
>the format "Case Number <case_id>"

They provided a form for me to paste into another e-mail to re-submit and were
very pleasant.

>Please call your local service center if you continue to experience problems.
>Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation.
>Lucent NetCare Customer Service.

One of those things that makes you go hmmm.

I think I'll post my question to the list.
I'll also jump thru the hoops Lucent has set up for me and see what happens.
I'm just glad it's not a problem where something is down.

Scott Starbuck
Aobe Network Group
5340 Millertown Pike, Suite 131
Knoxville, TN 37924