Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

(ASCEND) RE: Max3048 with NFAS configuration

I never worked with a Max 3048 but I'm sure it's not much different than a
Max 4048.  Sounds like the problem can be either one of two things:

1) You might not have the "ISDN Signalling" software option installed in
your Max 3048 (it's a hash code option).  You can check this by tabbing over
to one of the status menus on the right (like the Sys Options window showing
the software version), and using the down arrow to scroll through the
options and see what you have installed on the box.  You need to make sure
you see "ISDN Sig Installed".  If this option is not installed, then you
won't be able to do NFAS (or even a standard PRI).  It's usually an option
you have to pay extra for.

2) Maybe after you flip the Sig Mode to ISDN_NFAS, arrow down to channel 24
and change Channel 24 to NFAS_PRIME.

I get a feeling it's one of these thing.

Hi there,

Just got a Max3048 (ver. 8.0.2) and trying to configure it for NFAS PRIs
When I choose "ISDN_NFAS" in the T1 configuration menu (both line 1 and line
2), the NFAS ID become N/A and I cannot pick a number. The manual said I
should be able to. What is the wrong?

Thanks

Daniel

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++