Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) ATM-Direct attributes from RADIUS? (MAX TNT prob.)

>From: "Jyrki Kainulainen" <jyrki.kainulainen@datatie.fi>
>
>I can't make atm-direct work when it is set to user's dialin radius
>profile. Corresponding atm connection is configured to TNT. It works
>great, when everything is in TNT, but if I move that dialin
>connection profile to the external radius server (Funk Steel
>Belted). it doesn't. I can see that atm-direct attributes (
>Ascend-ATM-Direct (76) Ascend-ATM-Direct-Profile (77) ) are received
>by TNT, but it just doesn't work. Profilenames are correct on both
>sides radius and TNT. So it looks to me that for some reason
>ATM-Direct-Yes attribute has no effect in TNT, when it comes from
>radius.

I haven't tried atm-direct with a TNT, but I know that assigning
filters via RADIUS is broken on the TNT in 8.0.x, and I know that BIR
is broken on a Terminator when used with RADIUS, so it wouldn't
surprise me in the least if atm-direct was broken too.

So, tell Lucent about it and good luck getting any help.

In the meantime, you could post your profile to the list and perhaps
we can find something wrong with it.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/