Re: Local hacks and projects...

From: Rupert G. Goldie <rgg@aaii.oz.au>
]> Vick:	When a character dies, all items with positive magic value
]> 	are removed. (Ie good armor, artefacts etc.) This used to
]> 	cause people with character backup:s (*necessary when considering
]> 	all the coredumps..*) having lots of money from selling
]> 	their multiple Stormbringers etc. Not so any more :)

>This should become unnecessary in 0.88 as it will auto-save characters
>when it gets a SIGSEGV. I don't get many core dumps with 0.87 unless people
>are using summoned monsters, so I just don't use sumooning spells at all.

Ohh, I maybe forgot to mention it, these additions have been made to
0.88.0. It's true that it doesn't core-dump of the same reasons that
0.87 did but it still does (did) wen't into infinit loops and the
auto-save at a SIGSEG_V can fail. But that wasn't the problem here;
what Vick ment (at least I think so) was that a character could quit,
thereby leaving a pile, copy the save-file and have multiple stuff or
in a nicer view, die and leaving a ghost-pile etc. By this you can
conclude that I don't run it SUID and will continue doing so until
version 1.0 is released. After all this is pre-releases...

/Eneq