No Subject

I can generate statistics on the levels and types of players playing here
at MIT, if you wish.  I am currently logging instances of when a new
player is added/died/quit from the game -- and apparently I have about
1885 players added/died/quit in the past 5 days... (I know, it doesn't
say a whole lot, but then I have only been interested in seeing how heavy
usage is on the distributed system here [13,000 users, and about 350 public
workstations, many more private].  I also don't want to invade player's
privacy.)

Currently, I have the player's keep their own savefiles, otherwise I'd
have several megs of savefiles in my hands.

-William

(P.S. I have a player here who apparently is a 13th level cleric with the
following items:

oneCrusher +3, 2 Excaliber +5 s, 1 Mournblade +4, Stinger +3.  My damage
is 59 with a Bonecrusher and thaco 0.

quoted... Just for an example of what happens... Anyway, what do folks think
of having encryption for the savefiles [for those of us who don't have enough
space to store savefiles, even with 54Megs of space on our games locker, where
the binaries and libfiles are]?)