Re: Problem with save game feature

> I realise that the whole issue of game saving is problematic, and I
> certainly don't have any idea what the right solution should be, but
> I do think that the current approach isn't quite right.

Indeed, it is very problematic.  This is a multiplayer game, thus several
easy approaches to solve this problem must be dismissed.

In the next version, two things will have (already has) changed:
- If you have a higher level than the monster you kill, you get less
  experience for it.
- Potions are *much* more rare and expensive.

But that's not enough...

Since it is possible to save the game, not even *one* map can be too easy
to solve.  The reward you get for the different levels must depend directly
on how to how difficult it is to "solve".
Another problem is if part of the difficulty of the map consist of puzzles.
These will of course be easy the second time...

The only way to go seems to be having *lots* of different maps, and to
make quests to force the player to go through most of them.

Due to these limitations, there must be a way to "win" crossfire.  Possibly
this consist of becoming a "wizard" or a "god", and being able to build
ones own maps/items.

Hmm...enough ramblings for now...  Gee, how easy it is to destroy a simple
and fun arcade game... 8)

-Frank.