Warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
Core was generated by `crossfire'.
Cannot access memory at address 0x0.
#0  set_owner (op=0x0, owner=0x6e764) at object.c:129
129       op->owner=owner,
(gdb) where
#0  set_owner (op=0x0, owner=0x6e764) at object.c:129
#1  0x1ed84 in cast_cone (op=0x6e764, dir=3, att_type=0, strength=5,
    spell_type=13) at spells.c:104
#2  0x1eb44 in cast_spell (op=0x6e764, dir=3, type=13) at spells.c:54
#3  0x12cb0 in fire (op=0x6e764, dir=3) at main.c:907
#4  0x136e0 in move_player (op=0x6e764, dir=3, face=1) at main.c:1200
#5  0xd12c in parse_key (op=0x6e764, k=76, ks=92) at input.c:1231
#6  0x148ec in handle_player (op=0x6e764) at main.c:1522
#7  0x151bc in process_events () at main.c:1708
#8  0x15c48 in main (argc=1, argv=0xf7fff8ec, env=0xf7fff8f4) at main.c:1921

burning hands -
$ gdb crossfire core
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.5, Copyright 1992 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
#0  0x1ed44 in cast_cone (op=0x6e764, dir=1, att_type=6, strength=5,
    spell_type=4) at spells.c:96
96            break;
(gdb) where
#0  0x1ed44 in cast_cone (op=0x6e764, dir=1, att_type=6, strength=5,
    spell_type=4) at spells.c:96
#1  0x1ec28 in burning_hands (op=0x6e764, dir=1, att_type=6, strength=5)
    at spells.c:76
#2  0x1eb24 in cast_spell (op=0x6e764, dir=1, type=4) at spells.c:51
#3  0x12c9c in fire (op=0x6e764, dir=1) at main.c:904
#4  0x136e0 in move_player (op=0x6e764, dir=1, face=2) at main.c:1200
#5  0xd114 in parse_key (op=0x6e764, k=75, ks=91) at input.c:1230
#6  0x148ec in handle_player (op=0x6e764) at main.c:1522
#7  0x151bc in process_events () at main.c:1708
#8  0x15c48 in main (argc=1, argv=0xf7fff8ec, env=0xf7fff8f4) at main.c:1921

and ice storms -
#0  0x1ed44 in cast_cone (op=0x6ec98, dir=7, att_type=18, strength=5,
    spell_type=14) at spells.c:96
96            break;
(gdb) where
#0  0x1ed44 in cast_cone (op=0x6ec98, dir=7, att_type=18, strength=5,
    spell_type=14) at spells.c:96
#1  0x1eb60 in cast_spell (op=0x6ec98, dir=7, type=14) at spells.c:57
#2  0x12cc4 in fire (op=0x6ec98, dir=7) at main.c:910
#3  0x136e0 in move_player (op=0x6ec98, dir=7, face=0) at main.c:1200
#4  0xd144 in parse_key (op=0x6ec98, k=72, ks=89) at input.c:1232
#5  0x148ec in handle_player (op=0x6ec98) at main.c:1522
#6  0x151bc in process_events () at main.c:1708
#7  0x15c48 in main (argc=1, argv=0xf7fff8ec, env=0xf7fff8f4) at main.c:1921

(crossfire was compiled with gcc v 2.2.2 -g)

We haven't tried it enough to see if it is too hard or not but I'll send
you comments about that later.

byron

p.s.  Golems seemed to work fine.

--