Re: Shops

Lars Henrik Olafsen <larso@ifi.uio.no> writes:
> >Once again, in shop design, there should be more smaller shops.
> >The meaning of shop decreases if you find one shop at a time the
> >item what you are looking for. Shops could be substituted some
> >kind of item-automata.
>
> I detest the idea of an item-automata, BUT:
I prefer the idea of an item-automata, but would like to have no
artifacts/ powerful potions available for sale.  You should have to go
out and find them.  This would of course require that you have places
available where you can be pretty sure you would get those things.

> If there only were small shops around.. wouldn't you just save and restart
> until you found what you wanted? (A lot of shops are close to save-beds.)
Not under the server mode.  At least for most of the
people playing at andyland on my server, they can't restart to try and find
something, they can't back up their characters, etc.

          -Eric
"It seemed like a good idea at the time"
           -The Mad Hatter
"Yes, you're very smart.  Shut up."
           -In "The Princess Bride"