Re: alt.games.crossfire

Rupert writes:

> Frank writes:
>
> > I'd like to post the source to comp.sources.games first.
>
> Any idea when you are planning to post the source ?

As with most things I do in my spare time, I don't have a schedule... 8)

I've been trying for quite some time to fight the size of the TODO file,
but I guess it's time to admit that I'm loosing 8)
There is at least one item there which should be fixed before
posting:

- Make maps have filepaths instead of levels.  Incorporate absolute and
  relative path.

(Yes, I've been putting this off for too long, adding other
features instead...)

Then we have the items which don't have to be addressed before posting, but
would still be nice to fix (cut from TODO):

- Make a better time-scheme.  For instance using an integer as a counter,
  and compare this to the variable next_move in each object.  Thus a
  float doesn't have to be increased in *each* object *each* round.
  Of course, to get a resolution larger than 1/x, another variable, time_debt,
  must be made.
- Get rid of color.h (Get rid of backgrounds and the .om file)
- make a client/server system (tcp/ip)

-Frank (who is almost too tired to write intelligible).