Re: Local variations to crossfire.

> Geoff wrote:
> > More thoughts, anyone?
>
> Yes.  Getting rid of the index numbers altogether.  If we use
> straight references to the filenames of the bitmaps from the
> archetype file, we can let crossfire handle all the numbers.
> This way the bmaps file could be generated each time the font
> is remade with xbmtobdf.  One minor adjustment, though time-
> consuming and boring, should be done first: Going through all
> the bitmaps and assign better filenames to them.  Considering
> this is going to end up in comp.sources.games sometime this
> century, the guidlines about max 14 chars in filenames should
> be kept in mind.

I'm all for this, but we'd better get rid of those *.om files first!
At what I believe is a conservative estimate, this would increase their
size (of all of them together) by about 9 Meg, possibly more.  And it
would triple the size of the archetype file, but I can live with that.

What's the story with the .om files, have they been obsoleted yet?

Cheers,
Geoff.

Geoff Bailey (Fred the Wonder Worm)   |   Programmer by trade --
ftww@cs.su.oz.au                      |       Gameplayer by vocation.