Re: Death

Anthony Baxter writes:

> In message <199303180125.AA28926@yarra-glen.aaii.oz.au>you write:
> > Here's another alternative for death. I have had an idea for two spells -
> > recusitation and raise dead.
>
> How about making it so the spell can only be cast at specific places?
> (temples or suchlike) - that would fix that problem.
>
> What about, as an alternative to a spell, making it a function of certain
> altars - drop a gravestone of a dead character on it, with some extra stuff
> (ie cash :) and it raises them then and there? You could make similar stuff
> in temples to heal, cure poison, or other nifty types of thing.

Another good idea..

> Another thing would be to, say, make it an (expensive) one shot potion or
> scroll, you use it, and the gravestone you are standing on gets
> affected.

IMHO, I believe there shouldn't be a potion of this calibur in the
game -- not even a scroll of the spell.

While I'm at it, let me explain the way that one of the pay-online
services (GEnie) handles death in their multi-player frp (Gemstone
III):

A player can pay tribute to the "demon goddess", in which case the
goddess owes them a favor.  Everytime that a player dies, one of these
favors are used up [the player is teleported to the goddess' temple
completely naked with no hit points].  Multiple favors can be granted
by the goddess, but the tribute to get these favors increases for each
favor asked..

#chris