Re: uhm..memory usage.

> +--- Tyler van Gorder:
> | I was able to find an xterm in which I can monitor how much memory
> | crossfire with color pixmaps takes up. Hold you breath:
> | 6megs! ack!
>
> Uhm no, I think you measured the wrong thing - namely the size of the
> crossfire server process. You should measure the increase in size of
> the X server.

no...I measured how much memory was used up on the xterm...when crossfire
is running not the size of the server process. The reason I did this at all is
we are experencing frequent "out of memory" errors. Mark requested I do some
more tests with just pixmaps...and then with fonts......I will let everyone
know what the results are. Mark also mentioned that it would be good to know
what the depth of our displays are...I will also check that :>

> On this NCD19C, the colour pixmaps use 1836 kB. Still a fair bit of
> memory, though.

Tyler.