Re: encounter maps

From: Mark Wedel <master@rahul.net>
>1) At a certain level, some of the encoutner maps are just nuisance
>encounters, and the map can provide a good place to rest.
> A few possible solutions (corresponding to the numbers above)
>
>1) Have the monsters on the encounter map of the same difficulty as the
>map the encounter is on.  So that if the map is difficult 10 and a
>random encounter happens, there are going to be some pretty tough
>monsters.
I agree, this should make it more real.

I've got some ideas about to the encounter maps, and would like to do some
coding in that area.
I think we could fill the encounter maps with some more interesting things
if we introduce something like the following:
1)
    We introduce a keyword in the definition of maps or the archetypes
    which allows to randomly place groundfloor in maps. I'm not shure
    if this should happen in the archetypes or in the map definition.
    If we chose the first it would show like this
	Object ytree_2
	name tree
	oneof random face ytree_2.111
	    face ytree_2.112
	    face ytree_2.113
	    face ytree_2.114
	end
	no_pick 1
	slow_move 1
	editable 8
	end
    For some maps this should be specified in the maps (in the case of
    encounter maps)
    At loadtime of the map, one would randomly choose the face of that
    tree. This should make the encounter maps not to look all the
    same.  On the other hand it might be used to simulate wind or
    daylight ....  if we introduce instead of random other keywords like wind,
    daytime...
2)
    One of the things, which I didn't like in the game is, that there
    is random food everywhere, when there is no thing/person/idea,
    where it should come from.  Perhaps we should introduce something
    like a kitchen, bakery or and that I would like to propose too
    we should create sheeps, cows,... which, when get killed leave food
    around. Those animals can easily placed in the encounter maps on
    random positions. So there would be a need to enter these maps if
    somenone is hungry.

I liked to send this mail next month. But Mark brought it into the discussion.
If no one has arguments against it, I would like to beginn next month.

MfG
Klaus