Re: Some ideas

  Let's all remember that crossfire is supposed to be fun, not
work.  Let's not build things into the game which are tedious
and which are not important.

  We also don't want to complicate the game too much.  The game
consumes too much disk space as it is.

  I also think it's a bad idea to duplicate functions served perfectly
well by UNIX email, UNIX files, ftp.  If someone wants a tutorial,
he should go to a newsgroup or help files.  Documents written by players
for players do not belong anywhere in the maps:  I can forsee people
writing things like "the password is xxx", ruining quests.....

  As to player class guilds, etc.  I think: not yet.  There aren't
enough players of crossfire yet to enforce firm class distinctions:
you cannot count on getting friends to help you through rough spots.
NPC's may solve this problem, but I cannot imagine them being adequate
without major, major work.

  The guilds idea is a good one, and will add flavor, but I don't
want the game to enforce this yet.  Maybe after the client/server
split.

Regards,

PeterM