Re: Coins

Mark Wedel <master@rahul.net> writes:
>  A quick summary was that he thought platinum and gold should be worth
> more (1 pp = 12 gp = 144 sp was his initial suggeted). In his last
> message, he suggested adding copper coins to replace silver, and bump
> everything up in value.
I'd rather have the 10 10 10 setup.  Just add platinum on the top.
Alternately, don't worry about it.  Right now there just isn't a lot
you need a great deal of money for.

>  The following is new stuff.  Comments?
>
>  Perhaps.  What might be better is to make GEMS worth a lot more
> money (in AD&D, a pearl is worth abou 100 gp, both rubies and diamonds
> aroudn 1000-5000 GP).
This would be interesting.  You could try creating big diamonds and
see what happens.

> generation method) becomes the stat to put your low score in.  In crossfire,
> all abilities are fairly important, and it can be difficult to choose which
> stat to have low.  IF charisma became only necessary for reaction or
> something, this might become an ability to toss yoru low score into.
> And I wouldn't really like the idea of NPC's not sharing information if you
> have a low charisma, because this could then make it impossible for characters
> to get the information needed to solve quests.
Actually, I always put my low score in charisma, and then I just
create a priest character with a 20 cha and 17-19 str to do all my
buying and selling. (Well I used to do this, but when you're able to
cast cha on yourself it became less valuable)
          -Eric
"It seemed like a good idea at the time"
           -The Mad Hatter
"Yes, you're very smart.  Shut up."
           -In "The Princess Bride"