Re: new picks maps for ftp--try them, you'll like them

On Fri, 15 Apr 1994, Peter Mardahl wrote:
> I've gone through the picks maps for crossedit.

Good !

>  --  All the artifacts extant are in the artifacts pick map (i hope)
>
>  --  I added an 'equipment' pick map which has every weapon, armour,
>      shield and helmet around.  The shields, armour, and helmets are
>      sorted horizontally by order of effectiveness.

Some words of warning here. The fixed items and artifacts should
be used carefylly when added to maps. Because they will be wellknown
itemplaces the player can be fetch the item from. This costs the,
say playeruse, from the other maps.

For example, in the old maps, the wizard tower, where was
fixed speedboots, was one of the must maps when I construct
the character :)

So I think in most cases It's better to use random artifact
mark in the map. ... And generally increase the randomness
in maps.

-- <A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~hevi/">The Page</A> --