Re: mithril chain versus regular chain

On Fri, 15 Apr 1994, Peter Mardahl wrote:

> Chain mail:
>
> Regular		Mithril
> ac 4		ac 4
> armour 30	armour 25
> weight 60	weight 15
> last_heal 15	last_heal 5
> last_sp 10	last_sp 18
>

> last_heal:  How much it retards spellpoint regeneration
> 		(Honest, I hacked the code to find this out!)
>
> Last sp:    How much it effects your maximum speed:  I think
> 	    your maximum speed with chainmail on is 1.0 + magical
> 		bonuses,
> 	    1.8 + magical bonuses for mithril.
>
> The code which handles this is really nasty!  It cycles through your
> inventory every time looking for last_heal to see if you go up a
> point or not in sp.
>

> Anyone else think that mithril chainmail should have at least a higher
> ac and armour rating than regular chainmail?

I played nethack yesterday, and just there changed chain mail
to mithril elvel mail, and the was no increasement in ac. And
I think the way is good as in crossfire also.

The main adwantage in mithril is the lightness, and the next is
that it does mot rust. And it's more flexible to use ie. more
speed. I think there are advantages enought.

And if you think the chain mail, it's made from connected
chain pieces. That contstruct gives even maybe better ac and
armor effect than in mithril.

I think there is misinterpretation that mithril mail is
some kind of artifact, what's wrong because it's not named or
"given from god" in no way. The material is just mithril.

BTW. Does there exits mithril as a material. If it does not, it
could be added. Material that is light, rustproof and flexible,
but costs very much. Comments ?

-- <A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~hevi/">The Page</A> --