Re: Client/server..

"William W. Dyess" <dyessww@eng.auburn.edu> recently wrote:

>Several people have tried (and so far, failed) to integrate the netrek
>server into just one process.  I'm not sure of the details, but from
>listening to those trying to do it I gather that there is some difficulty
>with the network side of things.  Something about having to rewrite lots
>of the network interface code?
>
>I'll see if I can find one of them to comment on it.

It's a matter of properly multiplexing the networking code between all the
sockets involved.  I've written a library of functions for doing this sort
for thing, just haven't had the incentive to try and port it over to
netrek (yet).

It works wonders for my parallel Crack program, though...

 ERic mehlhaff, mehlhaff@ocf.Berkeley.EDU