Re: er...xbmtoxpm???

> From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@ifi.uio.no>
> Symbolic colour names sound very nice, of course, BUT! Is there any
> graphic editor which supports them?  xpaint saves files with absolute
> RGB values.

I have yet to find a pixmap editor that supports symbolic names.  For now,
I use manual or semi-automatic editing of XPM files when I want to use the
advanced features of the XPM library.  :-(  But I've been told that some
editors do support those things.  Maybe someone could tell me where I can
find these programs?

> I don't even have the faintest idea how the format of *.pix works (can
> it really support all the fetures Raphael talks of?), so I'd better
> shut up :-)

In the XPM package, you will find a doc file in PostScript format ("xpm.ps")
that describes all these features.

-Raphael