Re: er...xbmtoxpm???

Symbolic colour names sound very nice, of course, BUT! Is there any
graphic editor which supports them?  xpaint saves files with absolute
RGB values.

Hmm, come to think of it, there's an easy solution to this. We only
need a script to change RGB values to symbolic names after the editing
is finished. If we have a small list containing the "valid" colours,
it would be easy to spot pixmaps with "illegal" colours, too.

+--- Mark Wedel:
| Are you saying that the actual RGB color values should be put into
| the XPM files (ie, instead of 'red', have it ff0000).
+-------

To clarify - if two pixmap _designers_ have different rgb.txt,
Crossfire would use more colours than planned.

I don't even have the faintest idea how the format of *.pix works (can
it really support all the fetures Raphael talks of?), so I'd better
shut up :-)

Kjetil T.