Re: er...xbmtoxpm???

+--- Mark Wedel:
| I believe the problem was simply solved by changing the location
| commands to just straight to the following:
| #define XPM_PIX
| XPM_LIBDIR      = /usr/local/lib/

I believe the default should be LIBDIR. More and more installations
come with XPM as part of the general X11R5 release. Does anyone know
whether X11R6 will include XPM? It sounds likely to me...

+--- Petri Heinil{:
| - should the working xpm-library be includes into release ?

I'd say no (obviously :-)

| - should there migrate to use only pixmaps ?

Yes, eventually. If supporting fonts is troublesome, it should go
away. (Ie. don't remove it just for the sake of removing it)

|	- the converting jop; most images should enchant
|	  by hand to look good

I'll redraw my own bitmaps (~100), but was there a consensus on which
colours should be used? I think we should restrict ourselves to a set
of 40 or so colours.

Kjetil T.