Re: Client/server..

 I think a good first step would be for someone to write up a document
describing what should be done in the client, and what is done in the
server.  Plus an adstract of how the two communicate.

 It seems to me which toolkit is used in the client is fairly unimportant,
as you could have several clients, with the different ones using different
graphic libraries.

 The text input code right now is pretty nasty.  Since input is gained
via X events, the routine that handles the events gathers the text, and
depending on what a variable is set to, then calls the appropriate,
depending what that variable is set to.

 This makes pausing durin a scroll more difficult, as another value needs to
be added to that variable, with the event routine needing to know what
function to call with the variable set.

 Also, when we do move to client server, each client program could
also have a unique layout, so the standard crossfire layout could
exist (what we have right now), as well as other ones which have different
windows for input and output, etc.

   Mark Wedel
master@rahul.net