Re: Project team

> If there are volunteers for the "Project team", as Frank said, we should
> first have some way to know each other.  There are several options:
>
> - Use the "crossfire" list and post a message saying "I'm a volunteer".
> - Create another list and subsribe only if you are willing to offer serious
>   programming services.
> - Send a mail to the maintainer, who will "manually" forward the message to
>   all other candidates.  Tedious.
> - Create a new "volunteers" directory on ftp.ifi.uio.no, where every
>   programmer would put a file named after his E-mail address.  This file could
>   be empty or could contain a short message telling how much involved he wants
>   to be.
>
> Do you have other ideas?
>
> -Raphael

ack! Where did all this mail come from???? :>

ok, I maintain the local crossfire server at chico
(aka corpse.ecst.csuchico.edu)

Anyway, recently, myself and a few others here at chico and berkeley have
been discussing rewritting most of the game to support client/server.

Well, that has been put on the back burner for the time being, as I have
found myself very very busy lately. :<

But I do know of serveral people that are interested in working on the
client/server protocols and code. I would also be interested on working on it,
if i manage to free up some time.

I think the first thing that needs to be done is to write up what protocols
will be passed between the client and server. We also need to write up what
structures will be used on the client side and which structues will be on
the server side.

Maybe we can post some thoughts on what these structures will look like to the
mailing list?

Tyler.
tvangod@ecst.csuchico.edu