Re: Skills and drain

In message <94Jun1.192602eet_dst.167026-4@utu.fi>, Tero Jyri Michael Pelander w
rites:
>I like the four skill proposition.  There is just one thing I'm a bit
>unsurtain how to handle.  The d[r]aining.

  Mournblade and Stormbringer in the books from which they came drained
hp (life force) rather than experience.  The strength they gave their users
was thus transient in duration rather than permanent.  I like this better.
Let's change their attack to 'take x-hitpoints and add 1/10 to mine'.

  But if we decide to leave it as draining experience rather than hp,
(easier for balancing the weapons) then since Mournblade and Stormbringer
are weapons, their use should go into fighting, IMHO.

>Also should there be some special rules when killing draining monsters like
>grimreapers?

  Whyfor?

>PS: What does "haste" spell do?  I haven't noticed any effect when using it.

  The haste spell is supposed to speed you up.  I put severe limits, because
if you can haste yourself too much, you're invincible.  Titans become
tinfoil.  Perhaps it just does nothing for you, since you're already fast.
Perhaps the spells is simply broken....

Regards,

PeterM