Re: Skills!

On Wed, 1 Jun 1994, Dwayne Forsyth wrote:

> Someone a while back suggested allowing objects to have code in them. By using
> either TCL, list, perl, etc you could allow the language to grow without having
> to recompile. This allows the ability to do fancy things with objects with
> having to re-combile code when they are added. This would also turn crossfire in
> into more of a game system.

It indeed doesn't need perl, tcl, ... .We done some time ago, a
test, when saying bad to the guardian, it alarms the other ones and
creates few wyverns.

This was done by changing the message area from text to
commandlines, you just type in crossfire. The commands
are just the language wanted. Of cource there have to made
own commands like "patchall" or "create", because the
current commands are too much depend the player.

So if you make a "if" statement to commands and make them
player independed you have a just like a controlling
language for object.

-- <A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~hevi/">The Page</A> --