Re: magic and fighters

In message <199403220011.QAA14201@soda.berkeley.edu> peterm writes:

>  I really hate class distinctions.  I think it's fundamentally stupid
>to say "This guy is a wizard, so he cannot equip armour".  Has the
>wizard got spines or something?  Why shouldn't a wizard be able to swing
>around a sword?  Or wear armour?

<<<< Lots of stuff deleted >>>>

	I personally hate the idea of classes period.  They are
way too generic and general.  Have you guys ever played Warhammer FRP?
Instead of using classes they use Careers.  Basically everybody has
a job or had a job that payed the bills in between adventures.  Your
job dictated what staring skills you have, what attributes you can raise,
and what equipment you get.  Its a bit late for this but its an idea.

	-Scott

PS: I think Crossfire needs its own mythology.